Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Plan of attack!



After the shell shock of realizing exactly how much debt I owe, I've decided that I needed to write out a plan of attack. 

Obviously, I want to put as much money as I can towards my debt to get it paid down as quickly as possible. The only problem is that I don't get paid enough to pay it down as quickly as I'd like.

The way I see it, there is only one solution to that problem: make more money

There are two ways I can do that: 
1. Get a new job with a higher salary 
2. Make some side income 

I don't really want to leave my job because I have good benefits and the schedule is flexible so I need to come up with extra income ideas. Here is a list of what I've come up with so far: 

  • Ask for overtime at work. I was getting 5-10 hours of overtime a week for a while and the extra money was really nice. Recently they cut our hours down so I doubt this will happen anytime soon. 
  • Get a second job. I've tossed around the idea of getting a second job for awhile now. I like the idea of having that extra money, but I don't know how I feel about giving up the little bit of free time that I do have. I'm just not sure that it would be worth it. 
  • Sell on eBay. Last year while de-cluttering, I sold several things on eBay and made some nice money. I've been selling a few things here and there ever since but recently have gotten more serious about it. 
  • Sell with Amazon FBA. This is something that I have no clue about. Even though I have read several blogs about people who do this and are very successful, it seems kind of complicated to me right now so I don't know that I will be going this route in the near future. 
  • Sell on Etsy. This is another item that I'm not as comfortable with. I'll keep it as an option but I don't think I'll do anything with it anytime soon. 

For now, I am going to focus on selling on eBay. My hopes are to grow eBay into a steady side income. I still have a lot to learn with eBay and the biggest thing is figuring out exactly what I want to sell. I currently sell mostly home goods that are bought through retail arbitrage. I think I would like to start sourcing at thrift stores and selling used clothing because people seem to have the most success with that. I have 14 items listed on my eBay at the moment but I am hoping to get that up to 75 by the end of the month. 


Thanks for reading! Do you have any ideas on ways to make some extra income? I'm open (and grateful) for any and all ideas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment